Exhibiting and Presenting at MW18
Providers of solutions, products and services in the cultural field are invited to exhibit their offerings and present their work at MW18.
The MW Exhibit Hall is the center of the conference, with meals, the MWX exhibition, demonstrations and other plenary gatherings happening in the Hall each day. In addition to their booths in the Exhibit Hall, exhibitors and sponsors can participate in the conference program in a number of ways:
- Formal presentations: Exhibitors are welcome to co-author proposals with their non-profit partners and submit them during the normal call for proposals. Proposals without a non-profit co-author are less likely to be successful in the proposal review process, as the program committee typically wants to avoid presentations becoming advertorial for specific companies and products, and we have found that it usually backfires when a vendor uses a presentation in this way. Exhibitors are welcome to sponsor their non-profit partners to attend the conference and participate in accepted presentations.
- Special sessions (available with sponsorship): Exhibitors can program special sessions during the conference, for example lunchtime talks and workshops. Please contact the conference co-chairs to discuss your needs and ideas for a special session.
- Sponsoring a Community of Practice (available with sponsorship): Communities of Practice are a new way to extend and grow the value and buzz of conversations and collaborations that start at MW conferences, through online and in-person interactions year-round. Communities of Practice include providers of innovative products and services as well as cultural heritage professionals, and create a context in which for-profit and non-profit practitioners can partner to mutual benefit. Through focused conversations, shared research and pan-institutional collaborations, communities of practice formulate, promulgate, and raise best practices in the field. Community of Practice Sponsors have the opportunity to partner with the MW community in new ways that go beyond standard advertising and promotion of products and services. The Community of Practice creates a context in which sponsors can collaborate with current and prospective clients as well as leading experts in the field on research questions, product testing, market surveys, and share learnings and case studies. One or more sponsors can support a community of practice, but a lead sponsor is required to fund the basic package of activities and benefits, including a Community Coordinator and a Community Mentor’s attendance at the annual MW conference in North America. Additional sponsors can provide funding for additional meetings, webinars, research, and collaborative projects at the conference and throughout the year as desired. Contact us for more information on how you can support this year’s Communities of Practice around Accessibility, Online Collections, and Immersive Storytelling or propose a topic to organize a new Community of Practice!
- Other opportunities to participate in MW18 include conference session room sponsorship, advertising and/or sponsorship of the MW18 program and book, and delegate pack inserts. See below and visit the Sponsorships page, or contact us to suggest a new way to add your voice to MW18!
Starting at 8′ x 10′ and available in larger sizes to meet your needs, Exhibit Hall booths give your organization a home base for the conference and showcase for your offerings at the heart of conference activity. All booths include WIFI, carpet, 6′ table, 2 chairs, 1 power outlet (electricity 500 watts) and a sign with your organization’s name as standard; additional resources and support are available on request.
(before January 1st 2018)
(before February 1st 2018)
(after Jan 31st 2018)
|Single 8’ x 10’ Booth||$2,500||$3,000||$3,500|
|Double 8’ x 20’ Booth||$4,000||$4,500||$5,000|
|Quad 16’ x 20’ Booth (if available)||$6,500||$7,000||$7,500|
- Each MW18 Booth includes a full conference registration for one staff member from the exhibitor’s organization, as well as Welcome and Conference Reception tickets. Full registration will let you attend all sessions and receptions Thursday through Saturday.
- Up to three MW18 Exhibit Hall-only staff are free with your booth. Exhibit Hall-only badges do not include any reception tickets, and Exhibit Hall-only staff may not attend any sessions.
- MW18 exhibitors may purchase three additional full conference registrations at $400 each.
- MW18 Sponsorships include a Single 8’ x 10’ booth; review our sponsorship opportunities and reserve your MW18 sponsorship.
Reserve your booth here. (Fees due based on date full payment is received.)
MW18 Advertising in the MW18 Program
Advertise in the MW18 printed program, distributed to all delegates.
(Black and white; copy due by February 28 2018; see Guidelines for Advertisers)
- Back Cover (color) available with sponsorship
- Inside Cover (color) available with sponsorship
- Full Page $1000
- Half Page $800
- Quarter Page $300
- Add the MW18 PT Color +$100
MW18 Registration Packet Inserts
MW is the largest conference of its kind in the world, so adding your information and gifts to every MW18 delegate’s pack is a great way to reach a large number of cultural heritage professionals in a direct and tangible. way.
- $250 per item inserted in all MW18 delegates’ packets.
Please plan to provide a minimum of 650 copies of each item. Contact Hiroko Kusano to confirm the final numbers of items required based on this year’s registration, and to make shipping arrangements.