Attending | Canadian Travel Requirements | Hotel and Accommodation | Local Information | Museum Crawl | Registration | Scholarships | Volunteering

Canadian Travel Requirements

Requirements for International Visitors entering Canada: Persons visiting from countries other than the United States must have a valid passport and may require other documentation such as visas. Check with the nearest Canadian Consulate well in advance of travel.  Find out if you need visa here.

US citizens require valid US passport to enter Canada.

If you require an invitation letter with your visa application, please contact Hiroko to request an invitation letter.

A new Electronic Travel Authorization form (eTA) is required as of March 15th, 2016.

Who needs an Electronic Travel Authorization? Citizens from countries other than the United States (U.S.) who do not need a visa to enter Canada will need to obtain an eTA before flying to Canada. Note: Travelers do not need an eTA when entering Canada by land or sea.

Students in the US on a Student Visa: should a visa be required for entry into Canada, all student travelers will need to apply through the Canadian embassy. Check here to see if you require a VISA to enter Canada.  In order to return to the United States on their student visa, they will need the following in addition to their valid student visas.

  • A SEVIS Form I-20, endorsed for travel and signed by your DSO
  • A current passport valid for at least six months after the date of reentry   Student on a Visa in the US

This form must be filled out by the school. Students should consult their Designated School Official (DSO) prior to traveling. The DSO generally works in the International Student Office. You must have a current SEVIS Form I-20 endorsed for travel and your DSO needs to be able to verify that your SEVIS record is accurate and up-to-date.